Meet Ann Francis’ 5th and 6th grade students from Buffalo Middle School in Buffalo, Missouri!
When we learned her classes were on their way to “Super Class” status, we e-mailed Ms. Francis to learn more about how her students were enjoying the game. Ms. Francis was kind enough to respond with enthusiasm and positive feedback, suggesting a writing assignment for her students to complete.
“My class is so excited to hear from you and I talk about Skoolbo every chance I get in teacher training. I am so glad to see that Henry Winkler is an Ambassador.”
– Ms. Francis
Here’s what her students had to say about Skoolbo:
What do you like best about playing Skoolbo?
- I like math. It is about learning things. I can learn about math. It helps me on my math and reading.
- The part I like the most is the competition part of Skoolbo. It is so fun to play. I like the graphics.
- It is fun and helps you with school and helps me a lot. I like it because it helps me.
- The thing I like the most about Skoolbo is you can play games and get e-vehicles.
- I like the Superheroes the best. I like Skoolbo because it is fun.
What have you improved at since playing Skoolbo?
- I have improved reading. I have improved on math skills. I got to the superhero level.
- My math improved playing Skoolbo.
- I have improved my reading.
- My math, English and language have improved. Skoolbo has helped me with my math. I improved spelling.
Who’s your favorite Avatar?
- My favorite is Dr. Weevil.
- The wizard is my favorite avatar.
- The professor is my favorite avatar.
- My favorite avatar is Lottie because she is pretty to me.
Is there anything you would change about Skoolbo?
- There is not anything I would change.
- I would like to play more people from different schools.
- Yes, you should change a world to a zombie world.
- I would like different shoes and different clothes too.
It’s such a delight to hear from these students about their adventures with Skoolbo. Ann Francis is also an active blogger on her blog, iPad Brainology, sharing her findings on implementing technology into the classroom. We’re always interested in hearing feedback from students, teachers, and parents, so if you’d like to post any pictures or comments, send it our way at email@example.com!